And what are your plans for Christmas?
• To travel home to see family?
• Go to church for the sermon?
• Have a blast at a nite club?
• Eat a great meal topped with wine?
• Get really stuffed and drunk?
• Go visiting with friends?
• Grab a new love partner?
• Maybe many, many other things.
But what is the greatest thing you must do at Christmas?
Simple. Jesus said: "Whatever you do to the least of my brethren that you do unto to me." (Matthew 25:40). So what to do?
• Call the poor kids in your neighborhood and cook them a huge basin of rice and some stewed beef.
• Get the homeless and hungry and give them some food and gifts and even shelter if you can, to light
up their faces this season.
• Visit the motherless babies home and just tickle and hug them. Let them know they are not alone in this world.
• The old folks who are alone and without joy. Go on and visit them. Stay with them awhile, give them some warm food if you can, and just bless them with your presence.
• Visit the hospital and say hello to the sick and dying. Give them your spiritual gifts: a hug, a smile, a prayer, words of encouragement, sit awhile with them and give some physical gifts, food, money if you can.
• Visit prisoners and the distressed. Let them see the light and bless them with your gifts. Let them know it is going to be okay.
• The poor folks in your neighborhood or your village, go on and do a little feast for them at little cost. Let them dance to music and praise the Lord.
When you do any or all of these things, with a kind and open heart, you will feel great joy. The smiles and laughter from those whose day you have made at Christmas will resonate for ever with you. Trust me, Jesus will be smiling at you too. Your reward will be great for you are giving unto Jesus.
Jesus Christ is the reason for the season. He is the light that came unto the darkness of the world that we may have life.
He came to give us the light so that it may shine through us to the world in giving freely of the heart and of the gifts of light to the many who yearn for it.
Represent Jesus today and give, support, sacrifice, forgive, pray, offer of yourself to the least of his brethren and to your brothers and sisters and children and partners and family and friends.
May we all celebrate Christmas as Christ would have us do. And may we, by giving unto the least of the brethren as he has asked us to, receive the light of life. May we imitate Christ always and obtain his promise of eternal life.
Post a Comment